- 2¼ cup self rising flour
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut ½ cup cold cubed butter [1 stick] into the flour until it resembles cornmeal.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk. Use a fork to work the buttermilk into the flour until fully moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a well flour surface and knead 6-8 times coating with flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll into an 8 x 12 inch rectangle. Move to the parchment and reshape if needed.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream chopped chives salt and black pepper.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet and soft scramble the eggs.
- Arrange the scrambled eggs down the center of the dough. Sprinkle with the bacon crumbles and shredded cheese.
- Cut diagonal strips to within ¼ inch of the filling on both sides. Fold the strips over each other.
- Shape and smooth with your hands, pinching any tears in the dough together.
- Brush the dough on all sides with the remaining 1 Tbsp melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes broiling within the last few minutes to brown, if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve.