Prep time: 20 mins
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 9 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and cut the potatoes into one-inch cubes. Place the potato cubes in a large bowl and add the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Toss the potatoes until they are well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and give it a light spritz of non-stick spray. Spread the potatoes out over the baking sheet so they are in a single layer. If they don’t fit, prepare a second baking sheet and divide the potatoes between the two. Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 45min to one hour, or until they are tender and golden brown. Stir the potatoes once, about half way through.
- When the potatoes are close to being finished, crack the eggs into a large bowl and gently whisk them. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter is melted, pour in the eggs. Gently move the eggs around the skillet until they are mostly solid, but still moist in appearance. Be careful not to over cook the eggs at this point because they will cook further upon reheating the breakfast bowls.
- To prepare the bowls, divide the roasted potatoes between six freezer safe containers. Add ¼ cup of salsa to each container. Divide the scrambled eggs among the six containers and then top with about ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Chill the bowls in the refrigerator before transferring to the freezer. Or, leave them in the refrigerator if you plan to eat them within 5-6 days.