- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green part of spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- First, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add in milk and salt. Whisk until combined. Then pass through a fine sieve to remove chalaza. Liquid without lumps is helpful in making egg roll successfully.
- Add in carrot, onion, spring onion, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Lightly grease a frying pan with vegetable oil. It’s a small egg roll. And heat the frying pan. Then pour in ½ egg mixture and over low heat cook it over until half done. Roll the omelet half way from the right to the middle. And move the egg roll to the right edge of the pan. If there is not enough oil, lightly grease the pan each time you roll up. And add in ¼ egg mixture to cover the left half of the pan. And cook until half done. And roll again half way up from the right to the left and move the egg roll to the right side of the pan. And add in the remaining egg mixture and cook until half done. And finally roll all the way up.*
- Transfer to a cutting board. When an egg roll is hot, it’s easily broken, so let cool before cutting. Slice into bite-size pieces. And serve.